Who We Are
WHO WE AREThe International Organization for Migration (IOM) is part of the United Nations System as the leading inter-governmental organization promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. IOM has had a presence in Romania since 1998.
Our WorkAs the leading inter-governmental organization promoting humane and orderly migration, IOM plays a key role to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through different areas of intervention that connect both humanitarian assistance and sustainable development. Across Romania, IOM provides a comprehensive response to the humanitarian needs of migrants, returnees and host communities.
- Data and Resources
- Take Action
- 2030 Agenda
The project SIM_CIS - Integrated Services for Migrants - intercultural and solidary communities aimed to facilitate the social, economic and cultural integration of migrants legally residing in the counties of Cluj, Maramureș, Bistrița-Năsăud, Harghita, Mureș, Satu Mare, Sălaj and Sibiu in to the local communities.
The project assisted:
• Beneficiaries of a form of international protection.
• Nationals of third countries.
The main types of assistance provided were:
• Information and counseling services in Cluj, Baia-Mare, Sibiu and Tg. Mures.
• Organizing Romanian language courses.
• Organizing cultural orientation sessions.
• Organizing socio-cultural activities.
• Providing medical and material assistance to vulnerable people.